Question: Why can't I log in to my other job type in Hyperspace or Haiku/Canto?
Context: If a prescriber has multiple roles (job types; e.g., emergency, family medicine and anesthesia) in Connect Care, it is important to be mindful of limits to multi-job workflows. One cannot be signed on to Connect Care with more than one job at a time. Normally users are protected from conflicting job sessions by the fact that only one Hyperspace session can be open for a given user at a given time; and one chooses a job/role at each login.
Connect Care does allow a user to have both a mobility session (Haiku or Canto) and a Hyperspace session open at the same time. This can lead to conflicts. Haiku and Canto open into the last job/role that a user signed on with in Hyperspace. If Haiku or Canto remain open when the same user tries to use Hyperspace to log in to a different job, an error message is received.
Answer: The job type choices available when a multi-job prescriber logs in to Hyperspace or Haiku/Canto depends upon whether the same users is already logged in to Hyperspace with another other job type.
- Logging in to Hyperspace:
- If not already logged in to Haiku/Canto, one can log in to Hyperspace selecting the desired job.
- If already logged in to Haiku or Canto, then one can only log in to Hyperspace with the same job type used by Haiku/Canto.
- Solution: To switch jobs in Hyperspace, log out of Haiku/Canto (closing the app is not sufficient), then retry logging in to Hyperspace.
- Logging in to Haiku or Canto:
- If not already logged in to Hyperspace, one can only log in to Haiku/Canto with the user's default job type.
- Solution: To change one's default job type for Haiku/Canto, submit a request to the service desk (help.connect-care.ca).
- If already logged in to Hyperspace, then one can only log in to Haiku/Canto with the same job type used by the active Hyperspace session.