Answers: Lots of questions here:
Is Wi-Fi for Connect Care ready for Wave 1 launch?
Yes! Clinical grade high-capacity Wi-Fi has been installed or enhanced at all Wave 1 sites. Work continues to prepare other sites for launches in Wave 2/3 and beyond.
How can we be Sure?
Wireless networking has been prepared and tested for all Wave 1 sites by:
- completing exhaustive wireless performance assessments in all locations
- developing custom wireless coverage designs to deal with unique building or equipement challenges (e.g. radiology equipment interference)
- leveraging industry-certified construction contractors
- testing, validating and commissioning Wi-Fi services at each location
- completing a post-implementation optimization survey to identify any potential coverage gaps or interference in every AHS location
- completing any needed remediation work
Can Connect Care WiFi Scale to Growing Needs?
The Wi-Fi for Connect Care was designed to meet tomorrow's needs. Performance and capacity targets include:
- 100% availability – enough access point redundancy to provide 100% availability.
- Upgrade resilience - upgrades and changes are regularly implemented with no impact to wireless clients
- Room to grow - installed technology can support up to 600,000 wireless devices provincially, where we have about ~30,000 active devices currently.
- High capacity - designed and configured for average 260Mbps of bandwidth per wireless client.
Will AHS WiFi be Clinically Dependable?
AHS WiFi is robust enough to support mission-critical and life-dependent clinical needs, providing continuous coverage and generous capacity without interruption as you move throughout AHS facilities.
How do we check WiFi performance?
AHS IT-Network Services use specialized wireless survey equipment to validate the coverage and performance of our WiFi networks and conduct extensive post-implementation wireless optimization work in every location throughout sites.
What if a Performance Problem is Observed?
Please contact the IT Service desk (877-311-4300) immediately and open a problem ticket, providing as much detail as possible on the nature, time and location of your issue. This will ensure the issue is logged and assigned to a technical Wi-Fi expert for prompt investigation, resolution and closure.